Top Tips for a great night’s sleep:
- GET REGULAR – aim to go to bed and get up around the same time every day, including weekends. It’s thought that 7-9 hours sleep a night is best for optimal health and wellbeing.
- STAY AWAY FROM TEA, COFFEE AND ALCOHOL LATE IN THE DAY – it takes 6-8 hours for your body to process caffeine and alcohol. We recommend leaving the lattes alone from 3pm – caffeine will affect the amount of deep sleep you get, leaving you feeling unrefreshed in the morning. Alcohol also impacts on your quality of sleep and it’s best to put down your glass of wine a few hours before you head to bed.
- TURN OFF THE TELLY – and the iPad, the smart phone, the computer etc etc. Exposing yourself to electronic light makes it harder to get to sleep and may make it a bit of a struggle to rise and shine in the morning. As well, whatever it is you’re looking at will keep your mind busy, making it difficult to switch off. Relaxation is the aim of the game.
- SAFE SLUMBER SPACE – your sleeping space needs to be dark, quiet, comfy and the right temperature. Get this right and your body will have the right cues to head in to a good night’s sleep.
- DAILY EXERCISE – regular, daily exercise will improve the quality of your sleep and help you switch off a busy mind. But not too close to bedtime – the best time to get in your daily dose of activity is around dusk.
- CALCIUM/MAGNESIUM SUPPLEMENT – Magnesium helps to calm the nerves and relax the muscles, which in turn can help you fall asleep. Similarly, a magnesium deficiency may be responsible for the nervousness that prevents sleep. Magnesium works closely with calcium to regulate muscle function and a healthy nervous system. Hall’s Dolomite Powder, manufactured exclusively by Skybright, is a source of the minerals calcium and magnesium in a natural blend.
- Click HERE to view Hall’s Dolomite Powder Product Info……..